Wicked Lamb with Beetroot Couscous
Recipe by – Simon Gault, celebrity chef, food writer and television personality
What you need
- 12 lamb cutlets, trimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons Simon Gault Home Cuisine Kiwi Seasoning
- 1 tablespoons Simon Gault Home Cuisine Lamb Stock Concentrate
- 250ml reserved beetroot liquid (top up with water if not quite 250ml)
- 1 cup (200g) couscous
- 1 tin (450g) chunky beetroot, strained and the liquid reserved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup mint leaves, chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish
- 100g feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g slivered almonds
What to do
- Generously coat the lamb cutlets with 2-3 tablespoons of Simon Gault Home Cuisine Kiwi Seasoning, cover and set aside.
- In a saucepan, whisk together the Simon Gault Home Cuisine lamb stock concentrate and beetroot liquid, and bring to the boil. Remove from heat, then slowly stir in the couscous. Cover with plastic wrap (or a lid), stand for 5 minutes, then fluff the cooked couscous with a fork and add the chunky beetroot pieces.
- Transfer the couscous to a mixing bowl and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the red onion and chopped mint. Divide the salad between your serving plates, crumble the feta over the top and set aside.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of olive oil onto a heated BBQ hotplate or frypan, and heat until it starts to shimmer. Place the lamb cutlets into the oil and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side for medium rare. Remove from the heat.
Arrange the lamb cutlets on top of the beetroot couscous, and garnish with mint leaves and toasted slivered almonds.